So, what is the Byron Allen net worth? Let’s find out, and see all the factors that go into it.
Byron Allen Net Worth: $400 Million
Name: Byron Allen Folks
Birth: April 22, 1961 in Detroit, Michigan
Spouse: Jennifer Lucas (2007 – present)
Children: Olivia Rose Allen, Lucas Byron Allen, Chloe Ava Allen
Parents: Carolyn Folks
Job: Comedian, TV Producer
Owns: Entertainment Studios
Alumni: Fairfax High School, University of Southern California
Byron Allen is American stand-up comedian and television producer with an estimated net worth of $400 million. He is the founder, chairman and CEO of Entertainment Studios, a US television production company.
Born on April 22, 1961 in Detroit, Byron Allen began doing stand-up comedy in Los Angeles when he was a teenager. Comedian Jimmy Walker saw his act and was very impressed. He invited the 14-year old Allen to join his comedy writing team alongside promising comedians Jay Leno and David Letterman.
Byron Allen made his television debut on the “Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson” when he was 18 years. He holds the distinction of being the youngest stand-up comedian ever to have performed on the show.
While performing in various shows, he learnt the ins and outs of television production. His foray into television production began in Los Angeles in 1993 when he founded Entertainment Studios, which produces, distributes and sells advertising for 32 television series, making it the largest independent producer/distributor of first run syndicated programming for broadcast television globally.
In the year 2007, Allan married Jennifer Lucas. The couple has three children: two daughters, Chloe Ava and Olivia Rose; and one son: Lucas Byron.
In 2009, he became the first TV entrepreneur to own and launch six 24-hour HD TV networks at the same time. The six networks include Comedy.TV, Pets.TV, Cars.TV, Recipe.TV, MyDestination.TV, and ES.TV. His programs currently produce more than 30 nationally syndicated programs that bring in over $100 million in revenue each year.
Allan has a huge fan following all over the world. His works continue to entertain people worldwide.
In 2018, Byron Allen’s company acquired The Weather Channel for $300 million. This deal included the cable TV network but not online assets such as Weather.com. That and related apps were previously sold to IBM.
Byron Allen Net Worth: How He Became Rich
So, what is the Byron Allen net worth? He has an estimated net worth of $400 million. How did he get to that point?
Allen’s largest source of wealth comes from Entertainment Studios, which he owns. He is the company’s founder, CEO, and chairman.
His early exposure to fame came from when he accompanied his mother to NBC Studios, who worked there as a publicist. He used to sneak onto the set of The Tonight Show and pretend that he was the host!
From this, Jimmie Walker took notice of him and was so impressed that he recruited 14-year-old Byron Allen to his comedy writing team for David Letterman and Jay Leno. He earned $25 per joke from this.
Also at 14 years old, Allen performed at amateur nights in comedy clubs.
At 18, Byron Allen made his TV debut on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson. He is the youngest comedian to ever perform on the show.
From there, he went on to become a producer for NBC’s Real People.
In 1992, his show Kickin’ It With Byron Allen kicked off and became one of the longest-running shows in the U.S.
Allen’s house is located in Beverly Hills. It is a $17.0 million mansion, and his neighbors include Tom Cruise, Steve Bing (film producer), and Mitchell Julius (Cayon Capital Advisors).
In February 2018, Byron Allen bought an oceanfront estate in Maui for $22.8 million, contributing to the Byron Allen net worth.
Byron Allen Net Worth: Movies, TV Shows, and Productions
- 1993: founded Entertainment Studios; launched successful TV show Entertainers with Byron Allen
- Allen and his company now have over 30 shows on TV
- Some shows produced through Entertainment Studios: Justice for All with Judge Cristina Perez, The First Family, Comics Unleashed, We the People with Gloria Allred
- 2015: Entertainment Studios entered the movie industry by acquiring Freestyle Releasing, an independent film distributor
- Purchased rights to his first film, 47 Meters Down, from his Malibu neighbor Bob Weinstein
- 2018: Had a movie lineup of Replicas, Chappaquiddick, and Hostiles
- 2009: Launched Comedy.TV, Pets.TV, Cars.TV, Recipe.TV, MyDestination.TV, and ES.TV. He became the first TV mogul to own and launch six 24-hour HD TV networks at the same time.
- 2018: Purchased the assets to The Weather Channel from Comcast Corporation valued at $300 million
- Makes shows on a budget and gives them to networks for free; he then holds the rights to sell 50 percent of the advertising slot and gets a huge share from that
- Allen can move the show to another network if it gets cancelled, since he retains the ownership rights